Teaching method: Initial training or Continuing education
Location : Aix-en-Provence
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department: Logistics, organization and international trade
The Distribution and Purchasing course (DISA) of the master's degree in "Production Management, Logistics, Purchasing" trains future managers with dual skills in the field of purchasing and distribution. The course emphasizes the professionalization of students through teaching and professional projects as well as through a 6-month internship in a company.
Eventually, the students are able to interface with the company's external resources (customers, suppliers, etc.) in the implementation of purchasing strategies or inter-organisational distribution strategies in a context of innovation, internationalisation and/or digitalisation.
Graduates may apply for jobs with a commercial orientation (Head of distribution networks / e-commerce, Area Manager, Category Manager, Trade Marketer, ...) or in the field of purchasing (Purchaser, Purchasing / Procurement Manager, Purchasing Director, Lead Buyer, Purchasing Consultant, ...) within SMEs or large groups.
The lessons and projects of the DISA course prepare future managers specialising in purchasing and distribution to :
- Develop management skills thanks to a strategic vision and the implementation of performance measurement tools
- Design and implement purchasing strategies ;
- Designing and implementing inter-organizational distribution strategies;
- Exploit technological and/or managerial innovations and explore new business models.
Master 2 GPLA Distribution and Purchasing Course (DISA) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 GPLA Distribution and Purchasing Course (DISA) (30 credits)
- Innovating in Purchasing & Distribution (6 credits)
- Extended Enterprise Strategies
- Management of innovative projects
- New media for value creation
- Purchasing management (9 credits)
- Strategy and management of the purchasing function
- Negotiation of purchases
- Public procurement, excluding production and logistic service provision
- Managing distribution channels & running a sales network (6 credits)
- Development of distribution channels & network animation
- Distribution Marketing
- Trade marketing & category management
- Leading in a continuous improvement process (9 credits)
- Management and steering of partners
- Contract law
- Quality management
- Ethical management, marketing and responsible purchasing
- Semester 4 M2 GPLA Distribution and Purchasing Course (DISA) (30 credits)
- Digitizing purchasing & distribution (4 credits)
- Integrated management software and IS for distribution & purchasing
- E-commerce and cross-channel strategy
- Preparing for professional integration (6 credits)
- Professional project, methodology of the dissertation and information collection
- Tutored project, conferences and student initiatives
- Practicing in a company (20 credits)
- Internship, dissertation, defense
Admission - Second Year
Who can apply?
Any student who has validated a first year of Master (60ects).
- Pre-requisites in Distribution, Purchasing and Supply Chain.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
In the second year, the internship is compulsory and lasts 6 months. It can be carried out in France or abroad.
Volume of teaching :
- Lectures: 548 hours
- Tutorial: 245 hours
- Internship: 24 weeks
This training is available in initial and continuing education only!
The DISA master's degree trains managers in the field of Purchasing and Distribution. These professions concern all sectors of activity, in the field of private and public companies. The theoretical and practical teaching provides a vision and strategic management of these two functions. The training offers relevant analysis tools to respond to operational realities. The different modules offer a complementary vision and promote a transversal mastery of managerial skills.