THE DOCTORAL SCHOOL
The Doctoral School of "Economics and Management Sciences of Aix-Marseille" offers a programme of excellence in the training of PhDs in Economics and Management thanks to the grouping of management capacities within the AMU.
This association on the same site for doctoral training allows to create synergies in order to train PhDs according to international standards and prepare their professional future in higher education and research as well as in other socio-economic sectors of activity.
Missions of the doctoral school, it coordinates :
- The scientific supervision of the three years of thesis preparation,
- Teaching in 1st year of thesis: 100 hours to choose from the proposed teaching units,
- Research training seminars, doctoral studies, doctoral conferences, theme days and meetings with companies and administrations,
- Proposes a ranking of doctoral contracts,
- Support for the mobility of doctoral students.
Connect directly to the Internet Portal of information, services and communication for PhD students and doctors or contact your laboratory.
Terms and conditions
Applicants must :
- hold a French or European Research Master's degree.
A request for exemption may be granted(Master exemption file procedure - Master exemption form to be filled in) by the Scientific Council of the university and the Ecole Doctorale 372 de Sciences Economiques et de Gestion for any other Bac +5 degree.
- be accepted by a thesis director belonging to one of the research centres of the Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Students coming from another French university must also download the welcome form that they will have to attach to the registration form.
Some countries have specific registration procedures with the Centres pour les études en France (CEF): Campus France or contact the cultural service of the French Embassy in your country. Students who are not nationals of a country where French is not the official language will have to present an official document attesting to their level of knowledge of the French language (TCF level 600 or DALF C2).
In order to encourage research and research training of higher education graduates at doctoral level and to facilitate their orientation both towards research activities and towards other activities in the economy, education and culture, public institutions may, in application of the provisions of Article L. 412-2 of the Research Code, recruit students registered for the preparation of a doctorate by means of a contract known as a "doctoral contract". Other aid or grants may be awarded for doctoral students: regional grants, CIFRE grants (for the doctorate in companies: http://www.anrt.asso.fr/fr/espace_cifre/accueil.jsp ) .
The preparation of the doctorate is generally done in 3 years.
Occasional employee welcome
The "occasional collaborator" hosting agreement should only be used by the laboratories in the following hypothesis: hypothesis in which persons are hosted in the laboratory to participate in research activities, these persons contributing to the University on a voluntary basis and as private individuals. All cases where participation in research activities can be linked to a defined legal situation are excluded from the benefit of this agreement. For more information, please contact your home laboratory.
In particular, this agreement cannot be used for the reception of the following persons:
- students and users registered at the University of Aix-Marseille,
- the tenured or non-tenured agents of the University of Aix-Marseille,
- salaried staff from other structures including contractual doctoral students from other universities. In the latter case, a partnership agreement will have to be concluded between the University and the home institution of the person hosted in the laboratory.
- students not registered at the University of Aix-Marseille and hosted in internships in the University's laboratory. Relations between the University (the laboratory) and the student will be governed by an internship agreement issued by the home institution of the student trainee.
This specific agreement can be used to host in the University laboratories :
- retired agents,
- self-employed post doctoral students,
- doctoral students who are not registered at the University of Aix-Marseille and who are only students,
- Any person from outside the University who is not attached to any organization or company by an employment contract.
NB: this agreement can in no way replace the "convention d'accueil" issued by the Prefecture and which formalises the conditions of residence in France.