Teaching method: Initial training, Continuing education or Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French, English
Department : Logistics, organization and international trade
The International Trade Management (MDCI) programme enables students to acquire in 2 years the conceptual, methodological and operational tools necessary for the management of companies' international trade. The courses taught are primarily concerned with international management, export management of industrial and agri-food products enhanced by a complementary range of services, international marketing techniques, international communication, international negotiation, international prospecting, international project management, e-commerce and foreign markets. Students in this course must be open to foreign cultures, and willing to learn the knowledge and management tools necessary to lead a successful management career in an international business context.
At the end of the training, the student is able to :
- implement and steer a company's export trade policy
- ensure the development of the company's international sales
- Prospecting new clients and following up on international clients,
- manage a company's international business operations
- to manage a project to develop the company's business internationally.
- communicate in an international environment
Master 2 MCI International Business Management (MDCI) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 MCI International Trade Management (MDCI) (30 credits)
- International Communication (6 credits)
- International business english
- Second foreign language
- International Strategies (6 credits)
- International development strategies for SMEs
- New Emerging Markets
- Internationalization and competitive advantages of companies
- Marketing and International Trade (6 credits)
- Industrial marketing and international purchase
- Web Marketing and International Online Sales
- International Business Skills (6 credits)
- Customs procedures
- Interpersonal development and group dynamism
- Key issues of global firms' development
- Diagnosis and export procedures (6 credits)
- Import/Export procedures
- Export audit
- Semester 4 M2 MCI International Trade Management (MDCI) (30 credits)
- International purchases and sales (9 credits)
- Business game: buying and trading
- International negociation
- International commercial prospecting
- International management of brands and labels
- International project (6 credits)
- Internship or work-study assignment / professional dissertation (15 credits)
Who can apply?
Students having validated a first year of Master (60 ects). Part of the courses being taught in English in M1, a certificate of English level (TOIEC, TOEFL,...) is required, among other documents to be attached to the online application.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
Internships start at the end of March and last 3 to 6 months in M2 MDCI.
For the project, in collaboration with a company, the students work in groups on an international project.
Pedagogical team :
Research methodologies, research work and the intervention of teacher-researchers play an important role in the pedagogical approach. The academics involved in these courses are recognised specialists in their field and hold responsibilities in scientific associations. They thus contribute to the quality of teaching: rigour, curiosity, critical thinking.
Volume of teaching :
Lectures: 486 hours
Tutorial: 213 hours
Internship: 12 weeks
This training is available in :
- Initial training
- Continuing education: This course can be carried out in continuing education, but does not propose a developed course.
- Work-linked training
- Training under a professionalization contract
The MCI Master offers graduate students the following opportunities:
- International project manager
- International buyer
- Import/export manager
- International Business Consultant
- International product manager, product range managers, technical sales engineer
- Marketing Project Manager, Business Development Manager