Teaching method: Initial training, Continuing education or Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence, Marseille
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department : Logistics, organization and international trade
The objective of the MCI Master's degree is to train managers capable of acting in a globalized competitive environment and managing a company's international activities in the fields of international trade management, hospitality management and bank financing of international companies.
The training programme places particular emphasis on the student's professional integration and career development. The versatility of skills enables young executives to participate effectively in the development of the company and/or the bank in its international strategy.
The teaching method is specific: part of the courses are taught by professionals. Internships can be carried out in France or abroad in all types of corporate structures in all sectors of activity, or in banks (large groups, SME/SMI, VSE/TPI, Start up,....). The projects respond to a business issue and have an international connotation.
This programme can be carried out on a work-study basis in both Master 1 and Master 2.
The MCI Master's degree enables students to acquire the scientific knowledge, conceptual, methodological and operational tools necessary to organise and manage the export operations and activities of a company or bank internationally. For a company, managing international operations implies different types of knowledge: banking and corporate finance, project management, international risk management, strategy, service management, marketing, trade, international logistics/supply chain. For the bank, it will be a question of being able to assess the feasibility of an international project by reading a business plan in order to decide on the banker's commitment.
The training programme places particular emphasis on the versatility of skills in order to facilitate the student's professional integration and career development. The young executive participates in the development of the company's international strategy.
Within the framework of the MCI Master's degree, students acquire the following skills:
- Implement a development strategy developed in an international context,
- Develop a comprehensive financial approach in an international universe,
- Managing the company's/bank's activities in an international environment,
- Communicate operationally in an international environment,
- Drawing up an international business plan, and knowing how to assess its financial feasibility
- Develop the company's international business activities,
- Optimize the offer of international reception services
Master 1 in Management and International Trade (60 credits)
- Semester 1 M1 mention Management and International Trade (30 credits)
- International business development (6 credits)
- Management of international projects
- Business model for international development
- International Performance Management (6 credits)
- Budget management, evaluation and monitoring of international performance
- International accounting
- Human resources and international business law (6 appropriations)
- International human resource management
- International Business Law
- International Logistics (6 credits)
- Supply chain management
- Applied informatics
- Languages and International Communication (6 credits)
- Business english 1
- Second foreign language
- Semester 2 M1 mention Management and International Trade (30 credits)
- Management and International Strategic Marketing (6 credits)
- Business simulation game: management and strategies of international companies
- International Strategic Marketing
- International project (6 credits)
- Research methodology
- International Project
- Business english 2
- Internship or work-study assignment (6 credits)
- Option: 2 EU to choose from 4 (12 credits)
- Development of commercial activities (6 credits)
- International marketing and management
- International communication: ecommerce website creation and management
- Corporate Finance and Financial Markets (6 credits)
- Economic diagnosis and corporate finance
- International Financial Markets
- Management and International Innovation (6 credits)
- Innovation management
- Foresight and consulting in international management
- Supply Management of International Hosting Services (SAI) (6 credits)
- Intercultural management
- Marketing service in the hospitality industry
Admission - First Year
Who can apply?
Students holding a Bachelor's degree 3 (120 credits), particularly in Economics/Management, Management, AES, and Political Science.
Part of the courses being taught in English in M1, a certificate of English level (TOIEC, TOEFL,...) is requested in the application form.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
The Master MCI has built partnerships with many universities in China (Chongqing, Canton), Germany (Nürtingen), Spain (Granada), Australia, Japan. It also benefits from cooperation agreements with the University of Aix Marseille: the Erasmus + program, the ISEP agreement (North America, Canada, Mexico, USA) and BCI for Quebec.
The MCI Master's degree is organized around three courses: International Trade Management (MDCI), International Management of Hospitality Services (MISA), and Banking and International Business (BAI). The Master 1, which is a common core of the three courses, is composed of 6 common core courses and 4 optional courses which provide the basis for the different disciplines allowing access to the Master 2 courses. Courses take place in Marseille and Aix-en-Provence for the Master 1. For the Master 2 BAI courses, the courses take place in Marseille; for the Master 2 MDCI and MISA courses, the courses take place in Aix-en-Provence.
The rhythm of organization of the courses in Master 1 and 2 is as follows: Monday-Tuesdays in companies (for work-study contracts) and from Wednesday to Saturday classes at the university for all students.
The internship lasts on average 3 to 5 months in Master 1.