Teaching method: Initial training, Continuing education or Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department : Logistics, organization and international trade
The International Management of Hospitality Services (MISA) course of the Master's in Management and International Business prepares students for management positions in host institutions with an international vocation.
The activities of the international reception services (SAI) cover :
- Management of hotels, hotels-restaurants, leisure and accommodation facilities, retirement homes and even medical institutions.
- The development and optimization of international tourist reception products
- The international promotion of receptive tourism in its host institutions
- Market research, marketing of IACs, monitoring of demand development
- International Communication of IADs
The training enables students to acquire the necessary skills in administrative, financial and human management of international host structures. Particular emphasis is placed on market research, communication and marketing techniques in order to optimise the commercial function of these structures and to follow the evolution of needs and the state of the market.
At the end of the training, the graduate is able to take initiatives and to have operational autonomy in international contexts. He/she has the knowledge and know-how to :
- Master the basic techniques of management and management for host institutions with an international vocation
- Analyze the international environment of the company, evaluate its commercial or strategic positioning
- Define the prospects for the development of companies and products internationally, in particular on the basis of the changing needs of international customers
- Practicing intercultural management of teams of employees and managers, especially in conflict resolution
- Define the international communication policy, establish the supports and organize the information system.
Master 2 MCI International Management of Hospitality Services (MISA) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 MCI International Management of Hospitality Services (MISA) (30 credits)
- IAD Development (6 credits)
- Economics of international hospitality
- Investment management and investment decisions
- IAS production networks (6 credits)
- Network and franchise management
- International branding
- Foreign Direct Investment for International Hospitality
- Management and optimization of IACs (6 credits)
- Management of reception capacity and yield management
- IAS Market Research
- Promotion and quality of IADs (6 credits)
- Service quality management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Advertisement and Communication
- International Communication (6 credits)
- Second foreign language
- Specialized english
- Semester 4 M2 MCI International Management of Hospitality Services (MISA) (30 credits)
- IAD Marketing Organization (6 credits)
- Digital Marketing for International Hospitality
- Management of IAD spaces
- Tutored project (6 credits)
- Methodology and project
- Internship or work-study assignment (18 credits)
- Methodology and report
Who can apply?
Students who have completed a first year Master's degree (60 ects), with good thinking and expression skills, a good knowledge of the basics of management and management and the ability to understand and express themselves in two foreign languages.
As part of the courses are taught in English, a certificate of level of English (TOIEC, TOEFL,...) is required, among other documents to be attached to the online application.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
Internships last from 3 to 6 months in Master 2 MISA, they start at the end of March. During this internship, the student must mobilize all the knowledge acquired during the master by carrying out a mission with an international dimension for an SAI company.
For the project, the students work in groups to develop a project for the development of an international hosting structure (SAI) defined with their tutor and validated by the teaching manager.
- Lectures: 483 hours
- Tutorial: 207 hours
- Internship: 20 weeks
Pedagogical team :
Research methodologies, research work as well as the intervention of teacher-researchers play an important role in the pedagogical approach. The academics who intervene in these courses are recognized specialists in their field, and hold responsibilities in scientific associations. They thus contribute to the quality of teaching: rigour, curiosity, critical thinking.
This training is available in :
- Initial training
- Continuing education: The MISA course can be carried out in continuing education, but does not offer a developed course. Continuing education students follow the same courses as other students according to the given timetable. They benefit from a personalized follow-up.
- Work-linked training
- Training under a professionalization contract
The rhythm of organization of the courses in Master 2 MISA is as follows: Monday-Tuesdays in companies (for work-study contracts) and from Wednesday to Saturday classes at the university for all students.
- The MCI Master offers graduate students the following opportunities:
- International project manager
- Marketing Project Manager, Business Development Manager
- Hotel, lodging center manager
- Head of International Communications
- Study leader in a national or international tourism committee/organization