Skip to main content

Study in a foreign university



If you have questions about your mobility, consult the questions and answers below

  • Before choosing a university

    • How can I find a partner university that offers courses adapted to my background?

    Consult the list of AMU's international partners

    Consult the list of FEG partners

    • Can I go on a mobility trip if I am on a sandwich course?

    If you are on a work-study program, you can go on a mobility trip abroad for a shorter period of time if necessary (during a period devoted to your studies) and earn less than 30 credits.

    • Why do I need to check the compatibility of university calendars?

    Some universities have staggered academic calendars: Germany and Austria (beginning of S1 in mid-October), Southern Hemisphere (beginning of S1 in July/August). Please note that in Italy and Spain the exams are usually held in January, so it is often easier to leave for these destinations for a full year or for the second semester.

    • How do I choose my courses in the universities?

    First of all, you have to choose the FEG course for which you want to go on mobility. Then, you will find on the FEG website the list of courses given in this program and you will search on the websites of the partner universities for the equivalent courses (semester and year-long). The objective is to obtain the same skills in the host university as if you had stayed at the FEG.

    • What happens if I have not validated my credits?

    Some foreign programs do not have a make-up session, so make sure to ask beforehand.

    Who should I contact to advance my project?

    For administrative questions, contact Céline Roubinowitz - or Caroline Laux - (see bottom of page), for pedagogical questions, contact the person in charge of the course (to find his/her name, go to the Training page of the targeted course on the FEG website).

  • Financing

    • What kind of grants can I receive?

    Depending on the destination chosen (Europe or outside Europe), different grants are possible and can be combined. More information on the AMU page dedicated to mobility, or contact International Relations.

    • How long do I have to be away for to be eligible for a grant?

    You must be away for at least 2 months to be eligible for a mobility grant.

    • Do I need to have a sum of money available in my current account to go away?

    Yes, for 2 reasons:
    - scholarships are paid out later
    - Some visas require a certain amount of money in your bank account (e.g. Canada...) >> see the website of the embassy of the target country.

    • What solution do I have if I don't have the required amount?

    You can take out a student loan at a bank.

    • Are the scholarships cumulative?

    The grants from the South Region (PRAME-internship and International Mobility Grant - studies) cannot be combined with other grants for international mobility.
    The MESRI AMI grant can be combined with the Erasmus+ grant and the PMS grant.
    The Erasmus+ and PMS grants can be combined up to a maximum of 700 euros per month.

    • How long does it take between the application and the grant?

    The time between application and receipt of the scholarship varies, but in some cases it can take several months. In some cases, the student may receive the scholarship at the end of the semester abroad. Therefore, it is important to anticipate this delay and to plan for sufficient funds to cover the costs of the first few months of study abroad.

    • Can I benefit from university housing during my mobility?

    Not all destinations abroad offer university housing, so check beforehand using the housing platform of the targeted university.

    • Can I benefit from an Erasmus grant if I have already been on an Erasmus program in previous years?

    You can get an Erasmus grant for 2 semesters for the Bachelor's program and 2 semesters for the Master's program.

  • Preparation of the trip

    • Do I need a passport to consider a mobility in Europe? And outside Europe?

    For trips outside Europe (and the UK is one of them), the passport must be valid for 6 months after the planned return date in France. More information on the administrative documents to be prepared for the departure on the course calendar.

    • Is there a network of former mobility students in my target destination?

    Yes, please contact the head of studies or the IR department.

    • If I am not a European citizen, who should I contact to obtain a visa for this mobility program?

    Contact the Prefecture of Marseille.

  • Language requirements

    • How to know the level of foreign language required for the destination university?

    Consult the country sheets for AMU or FEG applications (5th column).

    • How can I find out my language level?

    Get in touch with the language teacher concerned.

    • If the language of the host country is not English, do I need to have some knowledge of this language?

    This will depend on the language of the targeted courses. In some countries, knowledge of other languages is sometimes required in order to travel. For example, in Korea, you must have some knowledge of Korean for your application to be accepted. Please contact the IR of the component.

    • Is a letter from my language teacher enough to justify my level?

    No, not for destinations outside of Europe, you must check the information on the university's website.


  • Be able to spend a semester or a year of study in a partner institution abroad (in Europe or outside Europe)
  • Remain enrolled at AMU (even if you go for a whole year) and therefore pay only AMU registration fees
  • Be accompanied and supervised by AMU and your host institution
  • Benefit from financial aid to carry out your international mobility project


  • All students from L3 to M2: Application requirements

    • Be enrolled at Aix Marseille University, in the Faculty of Economics and Management (an exception is made for students accepted to the Licence 3 IPBE from an external institution),
    • Have validated 120 credits or have a minimum of L2 level at the time of application
    • To be mobile to a partner institution
    • Have obtained the signature of each study project by your academic supervisor,
    • Have validated the first semester of your application year,
    • Validate your application year,
    • The dates of your mobility must correspond to your curriculum. Check the dates of the academic calendars for EACH university you are applying to. This is why we ask you to indicate your mobility dates on your study plans. If they are not compatible with your training or your competition plans, for example, you should not choose this university. No exceptions will be made if you have to return to S2.
    • Be able to prove the language level required by the partner (Toeic, Toefl, Ielts type language certification). It is strongly advised to take an official language certificate. Most of the time, you will be asked for it when you register at the host university. The host university has the right to refuse you if you do not officially prove your language level. TOEIC sessions can be organized at the FEG. You can get information from the school of Licences or of your Master.

    You must have your official proof of language level for the registration at the host university, about 4 months before the beginning of the courses

    • Submit a complete application file on the mobility platform (link in the "When to apply" tab) during the application periods indicated for each destination.
  • Preparing your mobility

    You must know for which training you want to go.

    In order to prepare for your mobility, you must know the program of the program for which you will be leaving (see the list of courses on the FEG website).

    The courses chosen in the host university must correspond (in competence rather than in title) with those you would have chosen if you were doing your year at the FEG in France.

    The study projects allow you to match the competences during your mobility period.

    Only the pedagogical managers of the program you want to study at are competent to establish the equivalence of the courses between those of the FEG and those of your host university. They will sign your study plan when you apply for the mobility program and your learning agreement which will formalize your choice of courses and your registration in them with the host university.

    To anticipate your expenses, please read our information sheets in order to better plan your administrative procedures, your budget, your insurance, your accommodation, etc.

  • FEG partner universities by country

  • Agreements and partnerships

    Among our partner institutions we distinguish two types of agreements:

    • Multidisciplinary AMU agreements: 1st wave of applications closing around December 15 of each year.

    They are managed and negotiated at the Aix Marseille University level and the negotiated places are therefore open to several or all AMU components. When you apply for a multidisciplinary agreement, you are competing with all the students of AMU.

    The CIVIS universities are part of the AMU agreements.

    • Agreements with the FEG: 2nd wave of applications closing around mid-March.

    They are managed and negotiated by the component (the Faculty of Economics and Management) and the negotiated places are reserved for the FEG. When you apply on a disciplinary agreement you are therefore in competition only with students from the FEG.

    The ERASMUS agreements are considered as FEG agreements.

From the beginning of November to about mid-December of each year for AMU agreements.

You will be able to make a maximum of 4 choices among the partner universities with AMU (see Where? tab)

ISEP will be choice 1 if you take it.

The mobility platform (Moveon) will allow you to rank your choices in order of preference. This will also be indicated on your study plan (see How? tab)

From the beginning of November to about mid-March of each year for the FEG agreements.

You will be able to make a maximum of 3 choices among the partner universities with the FEG (see Where? tab)

The mobility platform (Moveon) will allow you to rank your choices in order of preference. This will also be indicated on your study plan.

The campaigns are automatically closed at midnight on the evening of the deadline.

If a place is allocated to you during the mobility campaign for AMU destinations, you will not be able to apply for FEG destinations.

  • Documents to be prepared

    • Passport valid for 6 months after the return is mandatory for destinations outside Europe (please have it redone as soon as you apply) or CI for the others (note that the UK is not in Europe anymore);
    • Study plans signed by your academic supervisor (see documents to be filled in below). There will be one page per partner university, ALL signed and classified by order of preference. Without the signature of the person in charge of studies, your application for mobility is not valid,
    • CV (in French) even for repeated years,
    • Motivation letter (not one per destination but a global letter explaining your mobility project in French)
    • Transcripts: BAC + all the years until your application, even if you have repeated a year
    • Official language certificate (Toeic/Toefl/IELTS) for countries outside of Europe, for other countries, a certificate from your language teacher may suffice (unless otherwise indicated on the partner university's website).

    The requirements of the universities are in the country files in the "Where?" tab.

    ATTENTION, universities are more and more demanding for language levels because the lack of level durably engages the success of your mobility if you do not understand the courses.

    Your university average = Baccalaureate average + equivalent year Baccalaureate average + Baccalaureate average ..../ number of years considered

  • Financial aid





    Information meeting on scholarships on May 9, 2022

    Presentation ppt meeting of May 9, 2022

    Scholarships: Eligibility criteria for all scholarships

    • The student must be registered at AMU (register before leaving)
    • Mobility must be an integral part of the curriculum
    • Must be enrolled in at least L2 at the time of application
    • SMS (studies): duration of mobility between 3 and 12 months
    • SMP (Practice / internship): duration of the mobility between 2 and 12 months. The calculation is made by the software from date to date, if you miss a day, you will not receive anything. It is worthwhile to modify the agreement to have 2 full months.

    During international exchanges, the student:

    • He remains registered at AMU
    • He/she does not pay the registration fees at the partner university

    Specific Erasmus + grant

    For example, a Bachelor's degree student can take part in different types of exchanges during his or her studies:

    6 months of study mobility (L2)

    + 3 months of study mobility (L3)

    + 3 months of internship mobility (L3)

    And if the student goes on to a Master's degree, he/she can again carry out a study mobility, an internship or a combination of both.

    Do not exceed 12 months of mobility per study cycle (L/M/D)

      When a student participates in the Erasmus + program:

      • He/she remains registered at AMU
      • He/she does not pay the registration fees at the partner university
      • They take the language test offered by the OLS platform before departure (when you are awarded the Erasmus grant). You receive a message directly from the Erasmus center before your departure date. You will receive the same test on the approximate return date that you put in the Mobility file, not before,
      • Your ERASMUS mobility contract must be signed by all parties before the mobility .It is sent by the DRI when the notification of the ERASMUS grant is received shortly before the mobility.

      It must be sent in hard copy with original signatures by registered mail to

      International Relations Department

      Faculty of Economics and Management

      14 avenue Jules Ferry

      13621 Aix-en-Provence FRANCE

      • It validates the courses taken abroad thanks to the Learning Agreement (LA) which must be signed before departure by your academic supervisor. Any modification of the contract must be accepted by all parties within 4 to 7 weeks after the beginning of each semester. The signatory of the LA for AMU is the person in charge of the course in which you are registered for your mobility. The latest version of the LA must be submitted on the mobility platform form (name to be defined),


      On the mobility portal, choose your stay and fill in the following forms:

      • "2022/23 - Mobility file constitution form": ASAP as soon as you have validated your choice of stay, this will allow us to present you to the next scholarship commission,

      You will receive a notification of your scholarship via the mobility platform which will ask you to complete your file according to the scholarship that has been awarded to you.

      Obtaining an ERASMUS scholarship requires a large number of documents, ALL of which are necessary for the payment of the scholarship. It is very important that you read all of the required documents CAREFULLY.

      You will need to fill out the forms:

      • "2022/23 - Upon arrival" to file your arrival certificate according to the framework of your mobility (downloadable from the form)

      • "2022/23 - During the mobility": you can update your Learning agreement, submit your attendance certificates...


      PMS Scholarship

      The file of all the students who have validated their scholarship application(2022/23 - Post-nomination stage + 2022/23 - Mobility file constitution form / Closing 20 July 2022 ) on the mobility platform are automatically submitted to the PMS scholarship. However, there are very few elected candidates because it depends on the PMS budget allocated each year by AMU. The target countries are not known before the allocation of PMS grants.

      All these documents are to be uploaded to the Moveon mobility platform at stage 3 of their stay:

      Access to the study and internship stay 22/23 mobility platform:

      [!] The gap year is not eligible to Erasmus+.

      NB: The gap year allows a student to suspend his/her studies for a period of 6 months to 1 year. The student can thus take advantage of it to :

      • gain professional experience in France or abroad;
      • take a course in another field.

      To apply for a gap year : La césure | Faculty of Economics and Management - AMU (


    International Relations Department :

    Head of the International Relations Office
    Manager, International Relations Office

    SRI office from Monday to Friday in Aix-en-Provence, Site Jules Ferry (14 av. Jules Ferry), office 111

    • from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 4:30pm

    On the Marseille site - Colbert - 2nd floor, office of the handicap mission (follow the signs)

    • Wednesdays from 9am to 12pm and from 2pm to 4pm