Teaching method: Initial training, Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department : Management of INnovation and Digital (MIND)
The Marketing of Innovative Products course is aimed at students wishing to master the marketing tools essential to innovation. It covers technological innovations (product/process), service innovations likely to lead to the creation of a company or innovative activities, as well as the development of new products/services in existing companies.
The first year has been devoted to the acquisition of general knowledge and skills in the field of management with a focus on innovation, strategic management, digital and data management. The aim is to lead the students to participate in the development of a strategy, to make them aware of the stakes of technological, digital and organisational innovation and the difficulties of its management, to enable them to develop their learning of data collection, analysis and modelling tools.
In the 2nd year, the MPI course offers lessons focused on marketing and innovation, with related lessons in communication and commercial innovation. In view of the skills currently in demand in the marketing function on the job market, courses are dedicated to digital marketing, sustainable marketing, management of new products and marketing trends.
Graduates will know :
- Design, analyze and manage the marketing strategy of an organization's innovative products and services
- Designing, analyzing and managing innovations
- Design, analyse and manage a communication strategy
- Design, analyse and manage a business strategy
- Designing and implementing studies and research in marketing strategy and innovation
Master 2 MI Innovative Product Marketing Course (MPI) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 MI Innovative Product Marketing Pathway (MPI) (30 credits)
- Product launch (6 credits)
- New Products
- Marketing decisions: Business Game
- Innovation management (6 credits)
- Benchmarking and valuation of inventions
- Innovation strategies and organizations
- Design thinking and management of innovative projects
- Communication (4 credits)
- Communication Strategy
- Digital communication and social networks
- New marketing trends (6 credits)
- New marketing trends (6 credits)
- Marketing of services
- Sustainable marketing
- Digital marketing
- New consumer trends
- Business Innovation (4 credits)
- Commercial strategy and negotiation
- Trade marketing
- Marketing studies (4 credits)
- Marketing studies and data
- Challenge/innovative marketing project
- Semester 4 M2 MI Typical Innovative Product Marketing (MPI) (30 credits)
- Company mission and thesis or research paper (30 credits)
Who can apply?
Any student who has completed the first year of a Master 1 and has prior knowledge in management and in particular in marketing, commerce and communication.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
The courses are taught by academics as well as company managers and managers, experts in innovation and marketing management.
Serious games promoting greater student involvement and immersion are used in some of the courses.
In the second year of the Master's programme, students must simulate the design and management of an innovation process in the field of information systems, digital or marketing of innovative products. To do this, they will be accompanied by teachers and professionals (innovation department manager, incubator manager, etc.) experts in the field of digital strategies and marketing.
In the "Marketing Studies" module in the 2nd year, students will take part in a marketing challenge whose objective is to enable them to deepen their knowledge of the main survey and data analysis methods, to implement a test market and a concept test, to manage a project, to write and present a study report and to make recommendations.
An internship in a company is compulsory in each of the two years of the course. Duration: 6 months in the second year.
Teaching volumes :
- Lectures: 486 hours
- Tutorial: 227 hours
- Internship: 24 weeks
This training is available in:
- Initial training
- Continuing education
- Work-linked training: in M2
- Training under professionalization contract and apprenticeship contract: in M2
- Consultant in innovation management
- IT Assistant
- Assistant to the project manager in IS
- Auditor in strategy and information systems management
- IS Business and Studies Manager
- Product manager/product owner
- Web Product Manager
- Project manager: IS, digital marketing, web, e-services, e-commerce
- Digital Project Manager
- Community Manager.
- IT Integration and Change Management Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- Information Systems Consultant
- Growth marketer
- Sales Manager
- Market Manager
- Business information system manager (HRIS, Marketing IS, Accounting IS, etc.)
- Marketing manager and web marketing manager
- IS manager (IS security manager, IS planner/architect)