Teaching method: Initial training, Continuing education or Work-linked training
Location : Marseille
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department: Logistics, organization and international trade
The "Management and Evaluation of Public Action" (MEAP) course of the Master's degree in Business and Market Economics aims to support the growing use of evaluation and, even more so, to encourage and anticipate its development. Its principle is now enshrined in a number of legislative texts as an instrument for conducting public action (vocational training, cities, technological and innovation support policies, etc.) and for complying with certain non-discrimination obligations.
The MEAP model course trains managers in the methods, techniques and tools of the evaluation approach, capable of assessing the impact, effectiveness, efficiency, coherence and relevance of organisations' projects and action programmes, whether public or private. It trains project managers capable of using evaluation tools in the development and management of public or private programmes and projects.
At the end of this course, graduates will be able to :
- To set up and conduct an evaluation project concerning the action of organisations and administrations that depend, at least in part, on public action, whether at local, national or international level.
- To respond to the commissioning and steering of studies on the economic and social impact of public action, by setting up observation tools and then by formalizing a diagnosis and recommendations.
- To contribute to the performance of public action through the use of decision support tools.
Master 2 EEM Course in Management and Evaluation of Public Action (MEAP) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 EEM Management and Evaluation of Public Action (MEAP) (30 credits)
- Public policy and evaluation practices (3 credits)
- Public Management (3 credits)
- Institutional assessments
- Sociological assessments
- Cost-benefit analysis methods (3 credits)
- Econometric Evaluation Methods (3 credits)
- Assessment Tools (9 credits)
- Survey techniques and statistics
- Geographic Information Systems
- Quantitative data analysis
- Seminar Management and Evaluation of Public Projects and Programmes (3 credits)
- Project Management and Project Management (3 credits)
- In economic development
- In innovation strategy at European level
- In regional economic development
- In cross-border development
- Evaluation in the field of development (3 credits)
- Semester 4 M2 EEM Management and Evaluation of Public Action (MEAP) (30 credits)
- Evaluation in the field of education (3 credits)
- Internship or work-study assignment and professional dissertation (18 credits)
- English (3 credits)
- Evaluation in the field of health (3 credits)
- Evaluation in the field of employment (3 credits)
Admission - Second Year
Who can apply?
Any student who has completed one year of Master's degree (60ects). Candidates must present a study and professional project in the field of training. Students coming from the field of science and technology can apply. They will have to go through an upgrade in economics and management.
A solid background in economics and management as well as a first experience in project management are recommended.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
Internships and projects are an important part of the training. A 4 to 6 month long internship is compulsory in semester 4 and gives rise to the writing of a professional thesis.
The master's programme develops a skills-based approach that emphasizes innovative teaching methods, varied situations using proven methods, team dynamics, and the mobilization of individual knowledge and know-how.
This training is available in :
- Initial training
- Continuing education
- Work-linked training
- Training under a professionalization contract
Graduates will be able to apply for jobs in :
- Responsible for evaluation projects in the economic and social fields of action of the State, local authorities, non-governmental organisations or companies
- Research officer in audit and consulting firms
- Responsible for the development and animation of public-private partnerships in the economic and social fields.
- Information and sectorial monitoring of the socio-economic milieu
- Project officer in the economic and social fields of governmental or non-governmental organizations and international bodies.
The training provides the student with recognized methods as well as operational skills enabling him/her to approach numerous professional situations in the field of business creation.
The professional orientation of the training does not exclude the possibility of pursuing studies in specialized masters or doctorate, in particular through CIFRE or regional scholarships.