Teaching method: Initial training, Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department : Management of INnovation and Digital (MIND)
The Management of Innovation and Information Systems (MISI) course of the Master's degree in Management of Innovation provides a specialisation in the development of digital strategies for companies and management of projects linked to the Information System. It prepares students to take on supervisory or advisory roles in the fields of management and steering of digital projects.
In fact, with the skills acquired during their studies, MISI graduates will be able to support the "management level". (General Management, Information Systems Department) of a large company, an SME, a department, in its digital strategy.
The challenges therefore concern the evolution of the Information System (IS), its transition to the Internet and mobile applications, the outsourcing of digital services in Cloud solutions, new forms of customer relations, e-business and e-marketing.
With no technical prerequisite in computer science but with a scientific culture and a good capacity for analysis and synthesis, students will have to understand all the dimensions of the issues related to Innovation and IS Management.
At the end of the Master's degree, graduates will know how to :
- Conceive, analyse and manage the digital strategy of an organisation
- Define and manage the Information System and its projects
- Define Manage and analyze information and its integrity
- Designing and managing digital innovations
- Design and implement studies and research.
Master 2 MI Typical course: Management of Innovation and Information Systems (MISI) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 MI Management of Innovation and Information Systems (MISI) (30 credits)
- Project management and business development (8 credits)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) and change management
- Methodology of IT projects
- Agility, lean management and new forms of organization
- Methodologies for action in organisations (6 appropriations)
- Research methodology
- Consulting methodology
- Quality and information security (6 credits)
- Building an IS quality management approach
- IS security and risks
- Engineering of decision support systems (6 credits)
- Decision support information systems
- Business intelligence, big data and knowledge management
- Internet, data and mobility (4 credits)
- Challenges and strategies for creating value for websites, mobile applications, Cloud
- Information lifecycle management
- Semester 4 M2 MI Management of Innovation and Information Systems (MISI) (30 credits)
- Support for digital innovation (6 credits)
- Financial evaluation of IS
- Ethics, information, media and internet law
- New trends in innovation and tools
- Tutored project: development of an innovation in the IT/IS field (6 credits)
- Company mission (and report) or research paper (18 credits)
Who can apply?
Any student who has completed the first year of a Master 1 and has prior knowledge in information systems and innovation management and in the development of digital strategies for companies.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
The first year of the Master in Innovation Management is common to both courses. Optional courses in the 2nd semester of Master 1 allow students to pre-orient themselves towards a course without this pre-orientation implying a definitive choice. The second year is specific to each of the two courses.
The organisation of studies in the Master 2 MISI (Management of Innovation and Information Systems) programme is based on a work-study programme (3 days in a company and 2 days at the university each week), the course being open to students under an apprenticeship contract and a professionalization contract.
An internship in a company is compulsory in the second year for students who do not work in a company, for the MISI course.
Duration of the internship: 8 weeks of internship in the 1st year and, in the 2nd year, alternating weekly according to a rhythm of 3 days in a company and 2 days at the university each week or (for students who do not follow a work-study program) 16 weeks of internship.
In addition, several projects enable students to match their knowledge and skills. In Master 1, a tutored innovation project is developed throughout the year. It allows students to immerse themselves in the concretisation of an innovative project and to confront each phase of this process, from the idea and definition of the concept of innovation to its realisation. Students will be coached by professionals (company managers) and teachers who are experts in the field of innovation.
Likewise, in the second year of the Master's programme, students must simulate the design and management of an innovation process in the field of information systems and digital technology. To do this, they will be accompanied by teachers and professionals (innovation department manager, incubator manager, etc.) who are experts in the field of digital strategies and information systems management.
Serious games promoting greater student involvement and immersion are used in some courses.
Teaching volume :
- Lectures: 390 hours
- Tutorials: 371 hours
- Internship: 16 weeks
This training is available in :
- Initial training
- Continuing education
- Work-linked training: in M2
- Training under professionalization contract and apprenticeship contract: in M2
- Consultant in innovation management
- IT Assistant
- Assistant to the project manager in IS
- Auditor in strategy and information systems management
- IS Business and Studies Manager
- Product manager/product owner
- Web Product Manager
- Project manager: IS, digital marketing, web, e-services, e-commerce
- Digital Project Manager
- Community Manager.
- IT Integration and Change Management Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- Information Systems Consultant
- Growth marketer
- Sales Manager
- Market Manager
- Business information system manager (HRIS, Marketing IS, Accounting IS, etc.)
- Marketing manager and web marketing manager
- IS manager (IS security manager, IS planner/architect)