Teaching method: Initial training, Continuing education or Work-linked training
Location : Aix-en-Provence, Marseille
Type of degree: Master
Duration of studies: 2 years
Output level: Bac+5
Language(s) : French
Department : Management of INnovation and Digital (MIND)
The objective of the MIAGE - Data and Decision Engineering (MIAGE-I2D) model course is to provide specialisation to meet the needs of companies in the field of massive and multiform data processing. The courses address all stages of the data exploitation cycle: collecting, formatting, organising, implementing, analysing and linking data in order to support the company's strategic decisions. In line with the dual competence of the diploma, a deepening towards digital marketing is also provided.
The MIAGE profile remains ensured by a very important common core which provides the dual general competence in Computer Science and Management (see MIAGE mention). In addition to the skills specific to the I2D-type course, the graduate remains capable of working on the digitisation of all the company's management processes in order to ensure their computerisation: management, commercial management, financial management, human resources management, production management and logistics.
The MIAGE-I2D graduate is an executive in the field of Information Systems Engineering capable of :
- Designing and developing applications to meet an internal or customer need
- Manage simple IT projects
- Integrate the strategic, economic and legal dimensions in the needs analysis
- Organizing and exploiting data and knowledge for decision support
- Selecting the most suitable big data solutions for the problems to be solved
- Designing application solutions adapted to the needs of digital marketing
Internships and supervised projects
The training is organised on a work-study basis over the two years of the Master's degree. Periods in companies represent more than half of the overall training time through internships or work-study professionalization periods under an apprenticeship or professionalization contract.
In a complementary way, the training provides for year-long projects during which students, placed in autonomous teams, have to respond to "customer needs" represented by the teachers or industrial partners.
The subjects of the internships, work-study programs and projects must be linked to the specificities of this typical course, i.e. mainly on data engineering to support decision-making in companies.
Master 2 MIAGE Typical career path in Data and Decision Engineering (I2D) (60 credits)
- Semester 3 M2 MIAGE Typical course Data and Decision Engineering (I2D) (30 credits)
- Advanced Database (6 credits)
- Semi-structured and unstructured database processing
- Database administration
- Management and business strategy (6 credits)
- Engineering of business intelligence information systems
- Organizational performance of companies
- IS quality and security (6 credits)
- Information Systems Security
- Audit and quality of information systems
- Data extraction and transformation (3 credits)
- Warehouses, business intelligence, analysis and search
- Software architectures (3 credits)
- Architectures and component programming
- Decision support in digital marketing (6 credits)
- Digital marketing
- Classification and Clusturing
- Architectures for big data
- Semester 4 M2 MIAGE Typical course Data and Decision Engineering (I2D) (30 credits)
- Automatic Reasoning (6 credits)
- Modeling and knowledge reasoning
- Text analysis and behaviour recognition
- Machine learning 2
- Decision-making project management (3 credits)
- Project Management 3
- Team project
- Digitalisation of customer relations (6 credits)
- Social network marketing
- Serious game operational marketing
- Strategic marketing and market analysis
- Professionalization (15 credits)
- Alternating mission oriented data processing
Who can apply?
Candidates for the MIAGE-I2D Master's degree should have the prerequisites that form the basis of the MIAGE diploma at Bachelor level and which are based on the following four pillars:
- Algorithmics, analysis and development in procedural and object languages
- Database design and operation
- Business management (strategic management, organisational theory)
- IT project management
Under these conditions, he or she may have a degree in Computer Science, MIASHS or Management when these present courses or options that comply with the framework indicated above.
Given the objectives of the MIAGE-I2D standard course, an interest in statistics, data analysis and marketing would significantly facilitate success in the course.
How to apply?
Apply at the time of admission on the dedicated platform.
The lessons of this course are carried out in Marseille (Ilot Bernard Dubois).
The pedagogical team
The majority of the teacher-researchers in the teaching team belong to research teams on the themes of Software Engineering or Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence and Automatic Language Processing, all of which are consistent with the professional objectives of the MIAGE Master's degree. The other members of the teaching team are teacher-researchers in management specialising in Information Systems Management, strategic management and quantitative marketing.
- Lectures: 445 hours
- Tutorial: 447 hours
Because of the dual skills developed, the classes of accessible trades are quite numerous:
- Project Director
- Project Manager MOA/MOE
- IS Consultant, Business IS Manager
- Designer/ Developer
- internal business manager
- ERP Consultant or Project Manager
- Urban planner of the SI
- Enterprise Architect, Connected Solutions Integrator
- BI consultant or BI project manager
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Computer Data Architect
- Consultant SI CRM